Psychological Services: As part of providing a psychological service to you we will need to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your current situation. This information will be a necessary part of the psychological assessment and treatment that is conducted.
Access: You may access the material recorded in your file upon request with 14 days notice in writing, subject to the exceptions in National Privacy Principle 6.
Confidentiality: All personal information gathered by your psychologist during the provision of the psychological service will remain confidential and secure except when:
- It is subpoenaed by a court, or
- Failure to disclose the information would place you or another person at risk, or
- Your prior approval has been obtained to
- a) provide a written report to another professional or agency (e.g. a GP or a lawyer), or
- b) discuss the material with another person (e.g. the treating psychologist’s supervisor).