Terms and Conditions and Consent
1. Dr Aileen Alegado is your "treating psychologist" responsible for your care, you are "the client" (yourself or the child or adolescent you are organising services for), and Changes Psychology is the admin and billing service "provider" that is only responsible for processing clients' bookings, billing and client administration only. By signing this agreement you are agreeing to the provision of services under this arrangement
3. Medicare clients - For clients who have been referred by a GP or Psychiatrist, Dr Alegado is required by Medicare to write a letter back to the referring doctor detailing your assessment, treatment and progress after the completion of a block of sessions approved by your Mental Health Treatment Plan or referral. By signing this agreement you consent to communications and information sharing between Dr Alegado and your referring Doctor
4. Session fees for 2018 = $230 per session of approximately 50-60 minutes. Also note that there may be future session fee increases to cover increased practice costs
5. Cancellation Policy: more than 24 hours notice is required to cancel or reschedule, or a $230 cancellation fee will apply. We depend upon your co-operation regarding your attendance and in the keeping of appointments. The reason we have a cancellation fee is because when an appointment is booked, that time has been set aside for you and only you. Most of the time, it is not possible to fit another client in at the last moment, and consequently if the session is not covered by you, the practice must bear the loss of that session fee. Our business cannot operate effectively without this policy. By asking for 24 hours notice, we have time to check our waitlist and book another
person in. If we can get another client to take your session, we of course do not charge you for the session. In this matter we rely upon your courtesy and hope that you let us know in advance if you cannot attend. Please note that cancellation fees apply to all cancellation circumstances, however a fee can be avoided by giving adequate notice. Following your initial consultation, your psychologist will ask to keep your credit card details on file specifically for this purpose. Your card details are kept safely in a secure online system. Your card will NOT be charged without communication via phone and/or email will be made prior to any fees being applied to your account.
6. Session fees will be payable to Dr Alegado via Eftpos terminal or cash at the end of every session. However any cancellation fees charges, or session payments not made on the day, will be deducted from your stored credit or debit card