1. The Psychology Spot and it's psychologists are your "treating psychologist" responsible for your care, you are "the client" (yourself or the child or adolescent you are organising services for), and Changes Psychology (trading as Paperless Admin) is the admin and billing service "provider" that is only responsible for processing clients' bookings, billing and client administration only on behalf of your treating psychologist. By signing this agreement you are agreeing to the provision of services under this arrangement
3. Your treating psychologist will not provide information, reports or documentation for medico-legal or family court related purposes unless required to by law, under a subpoena or by a court order.
4. Parenting plans - if there is a parenting plan in place we require the parent or person engaging the treatment to meet the all requirements of the plan, it is not our responsibility to share information with other parents or stakeholders.
5. Information sharing - If you would like the psychologist to share and collect information about you or your child with another professional or person, we need written consent from you to approve this sharing of information. However if you intend to claim rebates from Medicare or another organisation is paying for the services, then your psychologist must provide summary reports to the referring GP, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist or external agencies regarding your treatment progress in order to be able to give you Medicare rebates and meet the legal obligations of this funding. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to this information sharing policy.
6. Confirming your first appointment booking - To confirm the first session booking, all new clients consent to completing the Claiming, Consent and $25 booking deposit (that will be $25 credit towards your first session) via the online form and payment portal link that will be emailed to you within 48 hours of receiving the information email - your card details will be processed for the $25 deposit only and your card details stored securely encrypted within the NAB (National Australia Bank) Transact system for all future session fee payments, so no-one will view your full card details.
7. Cancellation Policy
Medicare and private pay - missed appointments, reschedules and cancellations
If you cannot attend, would like to reschedule, or need to cancel your appointment; you need to give a minimum notice of 24 hours by phone, text or email. If you don’t provide 24 hours notice, on the first time you will receive an email reminder. If the same happens again, your stored card will be deducted the full session fee for the missed appointment. No rebates are paid by Medicare for missed appointments.
NDIS funded clients - In line with NDIS guidelines, a late cancellation is anything less than 2 clear business days’ notice. If you cancel late or do not attend an appointment, your NDIS Plan will be charged the session fee for that appointment. For a support that is worth more than $1000 (e.g. psychology assessment), the NDIS guidelines state a late cancellation is anything less than 5 clear business days’ notice.
8. The fees for all Medicare and private pay sessions for 2021 are:
50 minute session standard fee = $172, Couples session = $177 (no medicare rebates), Full-time student fee (if the student is paying themselves) = $140, Centrelink Concession card holders that are on Centrelink benefits = $120.
25 minute session standard session fee = $104, Concession rate = $78
9. Medicare rebates for clients that have a current have a Mental Health Care Plan referral from your doctor. For 50 minute appointments, a Medicare rebate of $87.45 applies. For 25 minute appointments, a Medicare rebate of $62.00 applies. You can claim up to 10 Medicare rebated sessions per calendar year. You need to pay the full fee on the day and our healthcare management system will process the rebate for you, which is received in your bank account the following day or the day after. Payment for sessions needs to be received before Medicare rebates, Private Health or NDIS self managed Invoices are processed.
10. All session fee and cancellation fee payments will be taken via our online payment system NAB Transact. All payments will show up on your credit or debit card statement/online banking with the payment reference 'Changes Psychology Northgate' (NOT The Psychology Spot)