Terms and Conditions
1. Dr Matthew Evans is your "treating practitioner" responsible for your treatment and care, you are "the client" (yourself or adolescent you are organising services for), and Changes Psychology is the admin and billing service "provider" that is only responsible for processing clients' bookings, billing and client administration only on behalf of your treating practitioner. Please note that for couples’ therapy, the couple’s relationship is “the client” rather than one specific individual. By signing this agreement you are agreeing to the provision of services under this arrangement
3. Your treating practitioner will not provide information, reports or documentation for medico-legal or family court related purposes unless required to by law, under a subpoena or by a court order.
4. Parenting plans - if there is a parenting plan in place we require the parent or person engaging the treatment to meet the all requirements of the plan, it is not our responsibility to share information with other parents or stakeholders.
5. Information sharing - If you would like the practitioner to share and collect information about yourself or other stakeholders e.g. your ex-partner/teacher/OT etc, we need written consent from you to approve this sharing of information with each individual. If you are receiving couples’ therapy, communication between Dr Matthew Evans and an individual from the relationship, without the other person present or with their consent, is avoided were possible, except in situations where there is a risk of harm. If you intend to claim rebates from Medicare or another organisation is paying for the services, then your practitioner must provide summary reports to the referring GP, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist or external agencies regarding your treatment progress in order to be able to give you Medicare rebates and meet the legal obligations of this funding. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to this information sharing policy.
6. Sessions fees and charges: all session fees for Matt's sessions are collected via eftpos at each completed session. The initial consultation fee (55 mins) is $210, subsequent consultations (55 mins) are $195. If a therapy session exceeds one hour, a proportional charge of $50 per 15 min block may apply. Phone calls or emails that require longer than 15 mins to address will be charged at this rate, including calls to other agencies when requested by the client. Letters and reports are charged at the same rate, based on the time taken to complete them. Matt will collect the full fee at the time of the appointment. If you are getting a rebate through Medicare’s Better Access scheme, you will receive a rebate electronically of $124.50. Insurance rebates and hence the out of pocket expense varies by insurer. DVA and “Altogether You” referrals are bulk billed with no out of pocket expenses.
7. Cancellation Policy - Confirmation texts are sent 72 hours prior to your appointment. If you cancel your session with less than 48 hours notice, Revival Psychology reserves the right to charge $50 as a late cancellation fee. This cancellation fee must be paid prior to new appointment bookings. If you wish to cancel or reschedule an appointment without cost, we require more than 48 hours notice. We reserve the right to refuse booking of future appointments for clients who repeatedly cancel within less than 48 hours. Our cancellation policy is designed to be fair as possible to our clients who need to cancel or reschedule, those clients on our waitlists and our clinicians.