As part of providing a psychological service to you, Serendipity Psychology and its admin provider Changes Psychology needs to collect and record personal information from you that is relevant to your situation. This information will be a necessary part of the psychological assessment and treatment that is conducted.
You do not have to give all your personal information, but if you don’t, this may mean the psychological service may not be able to be provided to you.
Purpose of collecting and holding information
Access to client information
At any stage you as a client are entitled to access the information about you kept on file with 14 days notice in writing via signed letter (not email) and a document provision fee confirmed by the psychologist to be paid in advance of actioning the information, unless the relevant legislation provides otherwise. The psychologist may discuss with you appropriate forms of access.
All personal information gathered by the psychologist during the provision of the psychological service will remain confidential and secure except where:
1. it is subpoenaed by a court; or
2. failure to disclose the information would in the reasonable belief of Serendipity Psychology place you or another person at serious risk to life, health or safety; or
3. your prior approval has been obtained to
a) provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g. a GP or a lawyer; or
b) discuss the material with another person, e.g. a parent, employer or health provider; or c) disclose the information in another way; or
4. you would reasonably expect your personal information to be disclosed to another professional or agency (e.g. your GP) and disclosure of your personal information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected; or
5. disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
Contact for complaints, feedback or information requests
If you would like to contact us in regards to any of the above information please submit your request, feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org