1. Gladiss Warda is your "treating psychologist" responsible for your care, you are "the client" (yourself or the child or adolescent you are organising services for), and Changes Psychology is the admin and billing service "provider" that is only responsible for processing clients' bookings, billing and client administration only on behalf of your treating psychologist. Aberfoyle Psychology is the location of the practice rooms used for sessions. By signing this agreement you are agreeing to the provision of services under this arrangement
3. Your treating psychologist will not provide information, reports or documentation for medico-legal or family court related purposes unless required to by law, under a subpoena or by a court order.
4. Parenting plans - if there is a parenting plan in place we require the parent or person engaging the treatment to meet the all requirements of the plan, it is not our responsibility to share information with other parents or stakeholders.
5. Information sharing - If you would like the psychologist to share and collect information about your child with your ex-partner/teacher/OT etc, we need written consent from you to approve this sharing of information with each individual. However if you intend to claim rebates from Medicare or another organisation is paying for the services, then your psychologist must provide summary reports to the referring GP, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist or external agencies regarding your treatment progress in order to be able to give you Medicare rebates and meet the legal obligations of this funding. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to this information sharing policy.
6. Confirming your first appointment booking - To confirm the first session booking, all new clients consent to completing the Claiming, Consent and $50 booking deposit (that will be $50 credit towards your first session) via the online form and payment portal link that will be emailed to you within 48 hours of receiving the information email- your card details will be processed for the $50 deposit only and your card details stored securely encrypted within the NAB (National Australia Bank) Transact system for all future session fee payments, so no-one will view your full card details.
7. Cancellation Policy - A cancellation fee equal to the full session fee is payable if a cancellation is made less than 24 hours notice prior to scheduled appointments. If you cancel your first session the psychologist will retain the $50 booking deposit that can be used against future session bookings. If you wish to cancel or re-schedule an appointment without cost, we require at least 48 hours notice
8. The session fee for all of your treating psychologist's services is $250 per 50 minute session, and this amount will be deducted in full after every session from the stored credit/debit card you provide to us. Payment needs to be received before Medicare rebates or Private Health Invoices are processed. All session fee and cancellation fee payments will be taken via our online payment system NAB Transact within 24 hours of your session being completed. All payments will show up on your credit or debit card statement/online banking with the payment reference 'Changes Psychology Northgate' (NOT Gladiss Warda Psychology
9. Phone consultations of 10 minutes or more will attract a fee of the appropriate part of the usually one hour fee. A fee for report/letter writing is payable when such documents are requested. When attending treatment with a Mental Health Care Plan provided by a GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician, only sessions attended by the named client on the plan will be rebated by Medicare. Please note that neither Medicare nor Private Health Funds provide rebates for cancellation fees.